According to the ABS, only 60% of jobs in Australia are advertised online. That leaves 40% of roles that are being filled without advertising online. This gives you the opportunity to get creative!
Contact companies you’re genuinely interested in working with. Think outside the box. Make a lasting impression. You never know what jobs are available or coming up, so give it a crack!
Before I even thought about moving to Wagga, I had followed Huntsman Recruiting on Instagram. After months of interacting with them on Instagram, seeing how the business worked and getting to know their culture through Instagram stories and posts, it was easy to see that they aligned with my ideals in the industry that I was passionate about.
When my Fiance and I first started talking about moving to Wagga, I knew I wouldn’t want to work with anyone else. I shot Rhyley a message to see if he’d be open to the idea of me coming on board… Now it was just that easy, a couple of months later I moved to Wagga!
Simple things like this can work for you no matter what the industry is. One small step, a five-minute phone call, an Instagram message… can change your world and theirs!
It’s never a bad thing to build relationships with people in your industry anyways… Especially in smaller cities like Wagga and Albury Wodonga. In one way or another, you’ll connect with them later down the track and making a lasting impression will help your future self out…
So, what are you waiting for? You’re ready to contact businesses you’re truly interested in… Get to building those relationships!
Let me know if this is something you’ve done before and how it worked for you. I’d also love to know if this has prompted you to contact any businesses you’re interested in working with!